Rules of Conduct
Member Rules of Conduct
The OCD Life community, including its forums, groups, comments and priavte messaging system, is for the lively exchange of ideas through constructive debate. In order to use these services, you agree to abide without question to our rules and guidelines, and agree to abide by any additional and/or future rules or amendments put in place. If you do not agree with any portion of these rules, your only option is to discontinue using the services of this community.
Moderators are here to ensure that the rules are followed. When necessary, inappropriate posts are edited or deleted. Do not make a public challenge on a moderator decision. If you have a concern, please contact a moderator by PM.
Freedom of Speech
You understand that although Canada guarantees freedom of public speech for citizens, this website is not a Canadian province, and the behaviours and activities of members of this privately owned website are governed by these Rules of Conduct, as amended from time to time.
You understand and agree that we may terminate any account we deem to be in violation of this agreement or any other web site policy. Please be aware that we do not accept requests to delete accounts/posts.
Each member may have one registered account at any time.
High Maintenance Clause
If we receive constant complaints about you, or you require excessive watching/warning/editing by staff, or if you always ride just to the edge of the line, you are considered to be a high maintenance member which means that if your behaviour continues, you may be banned for general non-compliance of community guidelines and rules.
You are not anonymous on this community. While your identity is kept private on the board, in a defamation dispute a court may order us to turn over your email and IP address which your internet provider would cross-reference to reveal your identity.
Ownership of posts
While you retain full ownership and accountability of your posts, you grant OCD Life a non-revocable full and perpetual license to use, display, store, copy, archive, move, edit, delete, quote, or otherwise adapt any post you make. In the event of a terminated account, OCD Life shall retain the above full and perpetual license on all posts associated with the terminated account. Your material, unless source-quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/pub … deed.en_CA
- Be nice.
- Do not make personal attacks.
- Do not respond to personal attacks.
- Do not post trigger warnings.
- Do not alter quotes. Quote ONLY the part to which you are responding. Nested quotes will be deleted, and your post could be deleted in its entirety if you have a habit of nesting quotes (nesting quotes = quotes by several different members).
- Do not post spam. Spam refers to advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitations, links to personal blogs/websites/facebook pages. Do not post personal information such as your email address, real name, etc..
- Use of the private messaging system to threaten, harass or spam will result in an immediate suspension of privileges. If you receive an inappropriate PM, please PM a moderator.
- Keep your submissions relevant to the topic.
- Defamatory statements/unsubstantiated allegations are not permitted.
- Do not use offensive language. Do not use workarounds to the word censor.
- Violating member privacy is strictly prohibited.
- Pornography and links to pornography, and warez information/links are prohibited.
- Do not threaten any member or suggest that they are deserving of harm.
- Do not post copyright material without permission. Brief excerpts are permitted.
- Do not create multiple copies of the same thread or post.
- Failure to pick up and read PMs from moderators or admin can result in a deactivation of your account.
- Do not post in ALL CAPS.
- Do not use colour text for your entire post.
- Do not include links, images or large font sizes in your signature.
- Be sure to read PMs from moderators or administrators. Failure to do so will result in deactivation of your account.
Breaking the Rules
For minor problems, your post may be edited or deleted without notice, you may receive a warning or you may receive a temporary ban. For more serious problems or very inappropriate behaviour you will receive a permanent ban.
These rules are subject to change without notice. It is your responsibility to review this page from time to time.